cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi errors

I've had NOW TV broadband for a couple of years without problems. In the past month or so we keep getting a lot of dropouts with wifi. Devices like ipads and iphones which have previously connected without a problem fail to connect, get an error after connecting saying there is no internet, get an error saying they just can't connect to that network, or get an error that the password is incorrect (even though it hasn't changed). Laptops fail as well and using the error tracking on them gets "The DNS server isn't responding".

The router lights are fine and an Ethernet connection continues to work fine, it's only wifi connected devices that are affected.

A reboot of the router usually fixes it for a while, then the dropouts for wifi devices start happening again. We end up having to use 4G a lot of the time on phones to get a stable connection (which isn't good for data package use).

Any ideas of what could be happening or ways to fix it? We have the NOWTVHub Two and one Netgear extender. Switching between the two networks helps sometimes, the Ext usually says full signal but is often pretty rubbish (especially in the evenings?) and it's better to use the weaker main network for a while but when it fails, both wifi networks fail, even with devices right next to the router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Before contacting the NowTV Broadband Team, see if anything in my post on this linked thread below makes any difference.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Cannot-download-as-no-WiFi-connection/m-p/528022 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

I do not have broadband with Now TV so I can only offer advice. 

You can check this link for the status of your broadband.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/having-trouble-with-your-broadband

If all fails you can give the team a call

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Free from number 0800.....

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @gavs82008. I have been checking that first link and the broadband status is always fine. But thank you for the second one, I was wondering how to get in contact for broadband help and hadn't found that info.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Before contacting the NowTV Broadband Team, see if anything in my post on this linked thread below makes any difference.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Cannot-download-as-no-WiFi-connection/m-p/528022 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps , I've done the first option. I'll let you know how it goes.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The second option might be the better bet with regards to disabling IPV6.

Though i have also split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi bands on my Hub 2 Router and between the two changes made on my NowTV Hub Router i haven't experienced any wifi dropouts (though most of my devices are wired over Ethernet).

The two changes on my NowTV Hub 2 worked for me where previously i was getting constant wifi dropouts using my various Chromecast devices around the home.

Don't own any Apple products apart from an old ATV box wired over Ethernet so don't know if making these two changes will make any difference, especially if you wasn't having any wifi dropouts in the past.

If no joy, then get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team for further assistance & help.

Hope you get it sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnappsThank you so much - it seems to have worked (splitting the wifi into 2.4 and 5). I've given it a few days and we've had no more wifi dropouts and strange failures to connect. I reconfigured our netgear extender as well and that works fine on the 2.4  (it's quite an old one so I had been thinking that might be part of the problem and I might have to buy a newer one).

(Like you my main devices (work laptop and TV) are connected via ethernet so I knew it wasn't a problem with the broadband itself as they always work fine).

Kudos to @schnapps 🏆