cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roxanne
Advocate

Wifi cuts off same time every day

Hi there,

Looking for some support around this issue as it's been ongoing for over a year and I have contacted NOWTV and my business IT department and still dont have a solution. 

So at 2.19pm every day my internet cuts off and shuts down everything. This is always an issue when I am working from home and in the middle of global important meetings and trying to present and then I get completely cut off. 

When I check the broadband line, it says there is no issues. I have even split my internet and into 5 and 2.4 bandwiths but it hasn't helped. My IT department have tracked this serval times in case it is a server issue but zoom isn't on the server so its definitely a wifi problem. 

Any other thoughts as to what this is or how to solve it? 

Thanks,

Roxanne

0 Thanks
4 Replies
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Wifi cuts off same time every day

@Roxanne 

Have NOW sent out a new router? Perhaps request OpenReach to investigate the connection with your property?

Give the broadband team to find out can be done.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
Roxanne
Advocate

Yes I was sent a new router last year but still same issue, its just so strange. 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Roxanne 

maybe an issue with the line itself. If I were you call the team to request an engineer visit.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
JohnH1
Scholar 3

You say the Wi-Fi cuts out, can you try on a wired device to see it it is just a Wi-Fi problem, or the line dropping?

If it is the line dropping you should see the router going through a reconnect and it should be recorded in the router log. (Although as I'm not using a Now router I can't tell you how to access those)