Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi Signal

Short ... long story
My router is downstairs in the living room
Downstairs...i can stream , download , upload with no problem at all.
Going upstairs my room ( above living room )
Streaming , download , upload ..REALLY BAD
Things i did myself :
1. Got wifi repeater , booster .......same thing
2. Got powerline adapters ........same thing
Upstairs signal suck big time
My guess :
The wall between living room and my room is thick or whatever that signal dont go thru at all.
My last option is ( from what i can think of ) :
Drill a hole between my room and living room and have a ethernet cable connected to router downstairs and upstairs ( i do have a wifi repeater that can be made a acces point ) then connect it to the acces point in my room ...........

Does anyone have a better suggestion or solution at all ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gave up ....... in the end and using
Powerline Adapters - TPLink

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try using another channel, I have numerous divices that dont work on channels 1 or 12

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gave up ....... in the end and using
Powerline Adapters - TPLink
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I appreciate you are settled with powerline adapters - just a word on that from my own experience - I had 5 powerlines on my network - 3 upstairs to get better connection than wifi.  They kept dropping out.  Put ferrite core clamps on everything that looked like it was a power cable but no different.  Cut the number back to 3 powerlines and it works a treat.  Mine were a mix of 1200mb, 500mb and 200mb powerlines.  Now using 2 x 1200mb and 1 x 500mb.  I have been told that the higher speed powerline adapters are more susceptible to quality within the power cables in your house so more stable connections with the slower speed adapters - however I have settled on reducing the number and hardwiring an ethernet cable up the side of my house and into an upstairs room to get rid of two of them.

Good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem.teerible speeds and I pay for 75. Got sent a new router today, it's the same. Changed channels, split the 2.5g thing and it is exactly the same. It is the worse broadband I have ever had and no end in sight for how to fix it. Best o get is 20 and that is sat right next to the hub. Upstairs I get less than 1. Not workable and certainly not worth the money.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

I have the same problem.teerible speeds and I pay for 75. Got sent a new router today, it's the same. Changed channels, split the 2.5g thing and it is exactly the same. It is the worse broadband I have ever had and no end in sight for how to fix it. Best o get is 20 and that is sat right next to the hub. Upstairs I get less than 1. Not workable and certainly not worth the money.

Can you connect a device by Ethernet?  Then you can see what actual speed you are getting as opposed to the WiFi speed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So upshot all the help forum is NowTV is crap in terms using wifi extenders. 

I have two belkin extenders which worked fine previously with last router.

Only choice move contract eh.

Well done nowtv.

Bye new contract!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The wifi is terrible, almost wish I'd never moved over...

For some reason the Hub 2 does not like ANY android devices... wired are fine, the windows tablet is fine, but 5 different android devices are terrible speeds, and no, it's not the devices they worked perfect on the old router and any other family members routers...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is really annoying as am having the same problem I've never had a router so bad WTF I can't get signal upstairs and is only my second day I might just go back to SSE or BT this is really bad. I can't even post this with the internet I had to change to my mobile network...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The issue with this router is that it is a rebranded sky Q hub which uses the multiroom Q boxes to amplify the signal and therefore was never intended to be as powerful as routers from other providers.

Nowtv doesn't have the Multiroom Q boxes as Sky does to amplify the signal and so will it always be a sticking point.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Just moved to Nowtv from BT. Had a straight forward change over. My desktop has 65.2mbs download with 18/20mbs upload and the wifi has no problem through 4 block walls and into my workshop about 15 metres away.