cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WiFi won’t connect

I have a new broadband service, and i’m having trouble connecting to WiFi.

Keeps saying incorrect WiFi password. But I have already connect three devices with the same password (now tv default router password).

Can’t be an incorrect password or mistype, as some devices are already connected with exactly same password.

Any advice or help with this would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device are you trying to connect to? Could be an issue on the device than the router? 

For a peace of mind follow the link to contact support for broadband and hopefully they can help sort you out. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have both a printer and tablet I can’t connect to. I have successfully connected to mobile and tv with the same password,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem and was told that the problem is with my device - the printer -not connecting to my laptop and I should contact Canon. Did you find a way to introduce devices to this otherwise easy to connect cheap broadband service?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserI contacted NOW TV help chat via https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 and was given an admin username and password to enter Wi-Fi settings and change my Wi-Fi password.

I've not actually tried it yet, so don't know if it works. But I suggest you contact them at https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried them but was told that as the problem was with laptop and
printer, I should contact manufacturer for help. Did that and Canon
basically sent instructions for pressing buttons on printer and access
(reset) on back of NowTV box. Still nothing, I shall wait for my niece
to arrive and hope she can fathom problem. Printer printed out some data
okay.
Appreciate your interest, thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserThe problem can't be with the devices as the devices were working just fine on the old Wi-Fi. I have only been with NOW TV for a week, and the problem has only been since switching to them. So it's obviously something to do with their connections. If they are saying it's your device they are either lying to you, or they simple don't know what the problem is.

@RoyBI did manage to connect via wps, thank you.

@schnappsI will try this now, thank you.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @gavs82008 

When my iPad falls out with my router, which it does from time to time, it tells me ’incorrect password’. Even though the password is embedded in the iPad details, and hasn't been changed on either device.

A serious power cycle of the iPad usually brings it back, and it then connects quite happily, with the password that was ‘wrong’ five minutes earlier.

If that doesn’t do it, I power cycle the router, which generally works.

So I don’t know if the iPad garbles sending the password, or if the router replies with some arcane error status which the iPad interprets as incorrect password, or what.

But the point is that the password is fine, really, but one or both of the affected devices need a reboot.

Printers can be a bit of a nightmare though, unless they have one of those mini-displays you can configure them on. We have one with such a display, easy to configure; but with the other one, it’s either WPS (which I expect is what Canon were describing) or make a wifi DIRECT connection to the printer, configure it that way, and hope it works when you go back to the router WiFi.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

I doubt this will have any relevance, but have you tried to rename the SSID 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi frequency bands on your NowTV Hub Router (assuming you are using the Hub 2) ?

Here's the instructions if you want to give it a go if you haven't tried it already.

1. Use a device that is already connected to your wifi network such has a PC, tablet or smartphone (if no devices are available to currently connect over wifi see if you can hook up an Ethernet cable between the Router and a Laptop that has a Lan port).
  2. Then open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

Then once you have logged out try connecting to both SSID names on your network with the devices that won't currently work (start with the 2.4ghz wifi band first).