cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WiFi set up

I received my router yesterday (4/5/22) and my go live date is today (5/5/22). On the instructions it says not to set it up before it has gone live, but does that mean do literally nothing or should it at least be plugged in and ready to go?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good question. My ‘go live’ date was yesterday and nothing has happened. I’ve left my router unplugged. If that’s wrong I would love to know.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you lose the Internet from your old ISP Router, then plug in and power up the NOW Hub 2 Router and wait for the three green lights on the front to illuminated which means you have gone live. 

It can take up to midnight for the live activation. 

If on Sky, just plug in the NOW Router straight away. 

Should you not be around, then plug in the NOW Router and leave it and hopefully when you get back home the three lights will be showing. 

Though bear in mind you may have to still wait up to midnight. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! I've just moved in so there's no old router to go by, so might just plug it in and wait

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah just plug it in and power it up.

Then just wait. 

I have done three NOW Broadband switch overs myself and the latest took until around 8pm and the earliest for me was around 2pm.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Plug in and power up the NOW Router and wait for the three green lights on the front to show.

If nothing happens in a couple of hours give NOW Broadband a phone call. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would plug it in. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I received my router yesterday (4/5/22) and my go live date is today (5/5/22). On the instructions it says not to set it up before it has gone live, but does that mean do literally nothing or should it at least be plugged in and ready to go?

Definitely plug it in straight away, how will you know if it has gone live if it's not plugged in?