cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WiFi security

Can anyone help me my m8 came over yesterday and was able to automatically connect to my wifi I thought it was secured as when I had to first connect ihad to put the security code in so how was this possible and how can I change it ??? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. The NOW TV Hub is set up with WPS2 security by default so unless you've changed this your wifi network will be secured. If your friend has logged onto your wifi network in the past then most devices remember networks and can connect again automatically when in range, so this might explain what's happened. 

However if you want to check open up your router interface by typing 192.168.0.1 into a web browser, and then click on the Wireless tab (you'll be prompted to log in, the username is admin and the password is nowtv unless you've changed these) and in the page that appears check the security options section - make sure it says WPA2-PSK(AES). If it does you are fine. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 10.07.17.png

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Hi Sarah

I don't know anything about the Now TV hub because I do not use one but I have been through a number of other brands, as I've bounced from ISP to ISP, and found that some of the modem/router/hubs I've used have their "Guest" feature turned on by default.

In other words, if there is a "Guest" facility on the Internet connection device you have check that its turned off.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

In other words, if there is a "Guest" facility on the Internet connection device you have check that its turned off.

No guest network on the NOW TV Hubs I'm afraid.