cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WiFi problems

Hey,

really having issues with my WiFi. It’s really slow. I’m finding it almost impossible to use my Mac book because the internet won’t load. I also can not install and update my Mac. The Apple guy said my WiFi was too slow and I would have to use an Apple store WiFi but I pay for a decent broadband package. 

How do I contact nowtv about this? Can’t find an online char or number?

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you signed up to NowTV Broadband what was the minimum guaranteed speed they quoted ?

To check the incoming speed at the Hub Router, go to My Account > Technical Checks when logged in on here.

Also perhaps try a factory reset on the Hub Router by holding the reset button on the back of the Router for about 10 seconds.

Another thing i would try is renaming your 2.4ghz & 5ghz frequency wifi bands on your Router and try both with your wifi devices if they are dual band compatible.

Instructions below how to do it.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

Should you need to contact the NowTV Broadband Team, then go to My Account > Broadband & Calls and click on the moving home section to find the telephone number.

The moving home number is the phone number for all NowTV Broadband & Telephone service enquiries.