Advocate

Wi-Fi not working on setup

• Plugged my Wi-Fi box in and it’s not working 
9 REPLIES 9
chilli2
Elite

Oh dear, why isnt it working?

A few questions:

Did you have an internet service at the property before signing up to Now? if so did you (A) cancel the old service or (B) Sign up with now without canceling the old service?

If you signed up with Now you should have been given an activation date, are you at or past the activation date? ( as far a i know its also on a sticker on the box as well)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Brooke 

What do you mean your Wi-Fi box plugged in?

Are you a NOW broadband customer and your activation is today? 
If it’s the latter of the questions sounds like your not active yet as it can take up to midnight for activation .

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Brooke
Advocate

Hi, account went live on the 16th. Plugged the box in today and it just keeps saying there’s an error with the Wi-Fi connection tried unplugging everything but this has not worked. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Brooke 

Doesn't sound good, could be an issue with OpenReach, which can only be sorted by calling the broadband team. No number of resets etc will sort it, in fact when your activated in the first 10 days you certainly shouldn't touch the router that will cause a reset. As the router will need to perform checks on the line etc.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412472

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

The wifi connection details should be on a sticker on the bottom of the router.

are the lights showing green?

if that fails then connect using ethernet and navigate to the wifi settings on the router

if that fails then try a re-set of the router there should be a little re set hole, use a pen or a paperclip to re set the router

Brooke
Advocate

2 green lights on the front and ice got the password and stuff the error comes up on my phone with a set of reset instructions that I’ve tried about 3 times 

Brooke
Advocate

Turns out they have let me know 4 days late that it’s delayed in setup 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Oh dear. Console yourself with this:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

MLawson
Mentor

Have you had it set up yet? Mine was ment to go live yesterday and same thing just have 2 green lights and when I try and run a service check on here it says that the order is not complete yet. When I called up they said it should be up and running before midnight tonight but my live day was yesterday I’m suspecting mines also delayed but there not telling me 😖