cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why can't NOW supply broadband?

I'm moving house shortly, and as an existing NOW TV user wanted to sign up with NOW Broadband as the price is pretty good. However, when I input my new address, I get the message "We are sorry, NOW Broadband is unavailable at your address." I get that cabinets can be full etc, but every other supplier I've checked offers me service.

• The BT Wholesale checker shows Available and good speeds for VDSL FTTC and SOGEA, and in fact every other service, checking using both the address and UPRN
  • The properties either side are offered service, and have identical entries in the BT Wholesale checker aside from minor speed differences
  • BT, Sky and Plusnet all offer service - it's only NOW that isn't

Should I give up and just go with another provider, or does anyone have a suggestion for me to try?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you called the team to see if it’s something that can be done?

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412518
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the number - there isn't one displayed on the help page if you aren't signed in as a broadband customer, which is a bit unhelpful.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Now like to keep the broadband number under wraps, as streaming customers, deprived of telephone support on their services, will often try ringing it, if they can get hold of it, in a forlorn attempt to get to get some help. Which also blocks the lines for broadband customers with broadband issues 😢

Nows takeaway from this is not that they should provide telephone support for streaming customers, nor even that they should improve Live Chat so that their agents can’t get you off the line simply by going quiet - so that we don’t have to keep pressing enter if we don’t want the chat to drop - but that we should be prevented as far as is humanly possible from learning this number if we are not bona fide broadband customers.

The number, of course, is all over the Community, but people fortunately don’t think to use the Search to find it. Though an enduring mystery is why the Community software, which can destroy an email address at 30 paces, like [email removed], and asterisk out anything it thinks is an obscenity, like mentioning the erstwhile head of the Met, Cressida ######, hasn’t been directed to eat all occurrences of the broadband telephone number, thus thwarting the good intentions of @gavs82008 and others.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

Could be a fault with the database, is this property a new build, or newer than its neighbours, or split from another property?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Built at the same time as one of the neighbours in 2006. Possibly unoccupied for about 10 months, but nothing else unusual about it that I know of.