cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martinst
Advocate

Who connected to my wifi

Hi All

is there anyway of me finding out who is connecting to my net connection? If there is can I bump people of or remove their devices?

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Martinst 

Depends what options are available on the router. See link below for getting to the router settings.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-change-or-reset-my-wi-fi-password

Step 1:

Open a new web browser window.

Step 2:

In the address bar, type 192.168.0.1 and press Enter. This will bring up the settings screen for your Hub.

Step 3:

Select the Wireless tab. Enter the username admin and password nowtv (in lowercase) when prompted. If these login details don’t work, you’ll need to reset your Hub.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

I suggest you download the app Fing. Preferably on Android, but available on iOS at a pinch, though more restricted there by Apple’s privacy rules.

This will tell you every device on your broadband, and if you spot an intruder, you can delete them in the app.

Fing is free for basic use, but if it’s worth it to you, you can subscribe, and then it can be set to alert you to new devices connecting to your router, rather than you having to monitor for them yourself.

NB: I take it you are asking about people piggybacking on your WiFi here? There’s a similar annoyance of people piggybacking on your Now subscriptions, if you have those, but the fix is different.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.