cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White NOW box won't connect to wifi, done the troubleshooting...

So I have 1 smart TV with Now built in and 2 boxes, 1 black and one white. All of them work except the white one which stopped connecting to the internet this morning.

So nothing has moved, ISP has not changed, all I tried to do was check for a software update. Now this is one of the old white boxes, which works, if sometimes a little slowly. Now it won't connect at all.

Done  a hard reset as well - just won't connect. Any ideas welcome thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

To answer your question (rather than the exact opposite one that @schnapps answered 😛)

you lose the mIni-jack to left audio/right audio/composite video RCA (cable not included) facility.

So no more analogue. Would that matter to you at all?

Otherwise, it’s all upside, as per what @schnapps said.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried the white box on the nearest TV to where your Router is located in your home ?

If still nothing and after doing a full factory reset by inserting and holding a pin in the small reset hole on the rear of the box for about 30 seconds and you still can't access the internet then the white box could have inherited a fault.

Maybe it's time for a replacement where the white boxes is showing their age nowadays and struggle with the more power hungry Apps and don't even support all the Apps such has Netflix, Disney + etc that NowTV offer in their Apps Store.

Also if you have a mobile phone with internet data on it, see if the white box will connect by using your smartphone has a wifi hotspot has a temporary test.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I'll try the wifi hotspot and see if that works. It is nearest the router, the others are further away.

Out of interest, what functions do you lose now, if I have to replace the white box with a stick or black one?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I haven't used a white nowtv box in years to be honest.

Apart from i would imagine they are now sluggish & slow when operating them, plus from memory you can't use the HD Boost Pass, Hayu Pass, Sky Sports Box Office, Netflix, Disney +, UKTV Play Apps plus maybe a few other Apps when using the first generation white boxes.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

To answer your question (rather than the exact opposite one that @schnapps answered 😛)

you lose the mIni-jack to left audio/right audio/composite video RCA (cable not included) facility.

So no more analogue. Would that matter to you at all?

Otherwise, it’s all upside, as per what @schnapps said.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NO. I've carried out a router reset and got the box back on line. Its interesting that it seems a little faster now after a couple of resets as well.