cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colb5
Advocate

Where is the engineer? I am expecting an installation and no sign of them?

They are supposed to be here between 8:00 and 13:00. Not heard a word from anyone. I have electricians on site who need the broadband to set up heating system. It needs to be sorted today and no sign or communication to say they are not visiting!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Yi
Mentor

Same here, and no one picks up the phone for almost 1 hour's waiting.
So disappointed 

RoyB
Legend

@Colb5 

Is this for the installation of a BT Master socket? Since if you already have a working one, the engineer's work may be confined to the cabinet down the road. So get your router set up and ready, and see if/when the middle light comes on,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Colb5
Advocate

I'm afraid not. It's a new line and broad band installed in a new build house. No communication at all from Now(Sky). Thanks for taking the time to answer my issue RoyB

RoyB
Legend

@Colb5 

A week has gone by since you first posted, and that was your supposed installation date. Has it happened yet?

On another tack, new builds generally come with the FTTP option (there are exceptions, of course). Did you explore the option of FTTP and find you couldn’t have it, or what?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.