cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will we finally see HD live streams and 1080p on-demand picture quality?

Hello, I have been following nowtv.com now for years. Great service. Great on-screen-design. 

But when when we be able to watch e.g. the Discovery live stream in HD? Or Nickelodeon? Or Paramount? To offer SD streams nowdays is "stone age".  

Also on-demand movies should be 1080p quality in 2019. 

When will be finally see quality improvements? 

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

720p in 2020 is pathetic.

Netflix and Amazon have had 4k for years..!

Plus streaming is so much quicker than NowTV.. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Couldn't agree more, the interfaces of Netflix and Amazon are far faster and smoother than Now TV. 

In terms of picture, even though 1080p is finally an option with Now TV, sometimes I still feel its not as sharp compared to Amazon 1080p. 

Thankfully Netflix allows us customers to take out 4K plans, with 4 streams at once. And Amazon, well don't know if there are any 4K content via Prime, but you are certainly allowed to purchase 4K content. 

Literally now a handful of shows I rely on Now TV for, but even the majority of them are massively delayed for being aired compared to the US. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

agreed

I got the 7 day free offer to watch "the trip to Greece"

Shocked at how poor the image quality is

Cancelled sub! 

It's also pretty 2000s to expect people to download an app onto your desktop.. but I guess that's to stop people pirating.. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That article is dated back to May. 

Like almost everyone on this forum we await an official update from Sky/Now TV for 1080p. Although considering the download function was almost randomly added one day and on the same day news was sent out. So I wouldn't be surprised if they launched it and then on the same day made an announcement. 

Either way, the trials still on going. No date for completion after emailing them. Still additional improvements to the app come with each build. More to follow considering the wish-list I sent them!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Makes sense, I’m also assuming that this includes the new revamped Apple TV app?

I’m going to assume that you’re in the trial so if I have assumed correctly and you do have access/have had access to the Apple TV app do you know if NOW TV are looking to go back on the active subscription list if you want to pay through iTunes?

Don’t worry if you don’t know the answer because in the end we are all consumers here, It’s all good.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Indeed you are correct that I am part of the trials, but I am using a Now TV stick for the purpose. Normally my main source for Now TV is the app on my Samsung 55" 4K TV, but doing the trial I am really focused on picture and sound, which is pleasing me so far. If they can get my suggestions on as part of the next build then we could be in for a better experience. 

Sorry to say that I don't own an Apple TV, so I am unable to comment on that side of the trials. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No worries my friend, thanks anyway.

Either way it’s best to use the device that you don’t use very often or at least to some form of daily driver if the build has things like bugs and instabilities and the alike 😜

Glad you’re enjoying anyway, so I’m assuming you can confirm that the multichannel audio is part of the 1080p video stream? Also are you getting improved frame rate on the video side of things?

Assuming everything that your viewing right now is part of the final build.

Sorry for the questions I’m just curious and very interested, me being a nerd just peaked at 1000 😜
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Just to make you aware, @gavs82008 is unable to answer your questions as being part of any trial means taking a vow of secrecy, namely an NDA. Although you don't physically SIGN one it is part of the T&Cs upon being accepted onto a trial. Breaking it can lead to expulsion from any trials you may be involved in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Fair enough

Didn’t realise NDA’s were involved if I knew I wouldn’t of asked, makes sense I guess.