cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will BT Openreach follow up engineer arrive? Where should line be in the house?

1) A BT Openreach engineer came and sorted out everything outside the house but said a masked/gloved, PPEd engineer would need to come to fit the things inside the house with no indication as to when this might be. I can't find anyone to ask. We are past the start up date on the Now TV box that came through the post and are being told we have a late payment for something we can't access!? 2) Any idea if it makes a difference where in the house the engineer eventually fits the unit? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to add a clarifying comment and this has been treated as a reply!?

It appears to be impossible to contact BT Openreach direct so I had to hang on the phone to Now TV and eventually discovered they have a section that deals with BT Openreach who can apparently 'escalate' the fitting of the new equipment. To be fair, two days later I was contacted and now have a date in for the 'inside the house' bits to be fitted (the text came complete with a Covid safety video). So that should solve the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The whole late payment thing is a bug and happens to everyone. It will disappear once everything is setup and can just be ignored.

The equipment should be connected to the master socket and is mostly all just plug and play, are you able to setup the router yourself? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but WHEN will the BT Openreach guy come to fit the stuff that's required in the house?

I am being charged scandalous sums (IMO) by Virgin when I should have left them by the 18th May at the latest.

Who do I ask?

BT Openreach say 'contact your provider'.

OK but 'how'?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to add a clarifying comment and this has been treated as a reply!?

It appears to be impossible to contact BT Openreach direct so I had to hang on the phone to Now TV and eventually discovered they have a section that deals with BT Openreach who can apparently 'escalate' the fitting of the new equipment. To be fair, two days later I was contacted and now have a date in for the 'inside the house' bits to be fitted (the text came complete with a Covid safety video). So that should solve the problem.