cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is new with the NOW TV Hub Two?

I just found this page https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-set-up-my-now-tv-hub-two

What is new with the Hub Two?

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please can someone give me information on the technical specifications of the Now TV Hub and Now TV Hub Two, and the differences I cannot find this infomation anywhere, thank you.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Good spot there, first I've heard of the Hub 2.

The NOW TV Hub is basically a rebadged Sky SR102 single-band 802.11n router with four 100MB LAN ports, there's plenty of reviews of that on the web if you want to read up.

The Hub 2 looks like it's a rebadged Sky Q Hub, if so it should be a dual-band 802.11ac router with two 1GB LAN ports. I don't know for sure if the NOW TV Hub 2 over  all these features but if it does then it will be a much welcome upgrade for customers.

I'll see if I can find out any more.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

" if so it should be a dual-band 802.11ac router with two 1GB LAN ports. I don't know for sure if the NOW TV Hub 2 over  all these features but if it does then it will be a much welcome upgrade for customers."

The above is correct 2.4/5Ghz which you can have mixed mode or split with two 1GB ports

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just got one ... well worth the upgrade IMHO

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My hub 1 failed and they replaced it (free of charge) with the hub 2. 

It's a much slimmer router, similar to the current NowTV device and is more suitable for horizonal sitting, than the previous upright 'brick' standing.

There are no longer any illuminted 'happy faces' on the front, just 3 tiny pin LED's for on, internet and wireless and thankfully, not those hi-brite type either.

I've not tested its 802.11ac speed as oddly, I found the hub2 was faster on 802.11g than it was on 802.11n!  Weird. Could be my conditions though.  But in theory 5GHZ should be faster albeit not able to penetrate walls as easily as 2.4ghz and without the range. If I can find my AC1600 driver and a flux capacitor 😉  I'll see if I can connect and figure out its max speed.

It's default settings were fine 2.4GHZ (40mhz channel 6) and 5GHZ  (80mhz channel 36) with 2.4hz and 5ghz syncronised. Although I am only using the 2.4ghz at the moment.

As we all know, the HUB 1 was notorius for those weekly wireless disconnections - for no apparent reason - whereas the hub 2 seems more stable. Up to now anyway.

It has two yellow gigabit ports, which might seem a bit mean. But you can always connect one to connect to a gigabit switch for more outputs and the switch will do all the heavy lifting anyway.

I didn't notice too much difference in the menues; maybe a nicer layout and colour ??  The only thing I did was switch off UpNp for security reasons, but it worked right away, once I put the new password into every every device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke too soon.

I think I found a bug in HUB2.  If an IP4 address is reserved to a MAC ID in the advanced - LAN IP and say you have more than 2 devices, then upon reboot, the HUB can often ignore your IP4 /MAC reservation requests and just randomly allocate an IP4 address from the DCHP range, which is not the behaviour you want.  I swapped two MAC ID IP addresses and MAC ID's swapped devices (what!?) at least according to the router. I guess I need a lie down before doing more testing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seemed to sort itself out after a few hrs and re-allocated the correct addresses.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm thinking of switching from my TalkTalk fibre, but I wish the Now Broadband hub had four LAN ports.

This would be a pain as four ports are in use on my TT router.

Don't really want to cram in an Ethernet Switch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Hi i am currently with tt have u snice ur post in feb moved over to them??

do u still need help with ur ethernet port issue??