cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is new with the NOW TV Hub Two?

I just found this page https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-set-up-my-now-tv-hub-two

What is new with the Hub Two?

30 REPLIES 30
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. NOW TV don't provide details for using third-party routers so you'd need to use the NOW TV Hub 2 however it's a good router with excellent wifi range, I don't think you'll have any problems.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy legend
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone, reading the post you sound technically minded so hoping you can help!! Haha.
I have recently set up my now tv hub two - I have managed to connect my MacBook, iPhone and tv. But my google home speaker won’t connect. It’s suggesting step 1: disable the Access Point/AP isolation AKA client isolation or guest mode on the router. Then step 2: enable UPnP or multicast on the router.
I called the nowtv tech team and they suggested I needed to disable these things on the advanced settings of the google home. But this doesn’t seem possible via the google home app.

Does anybody have any ideas? 😩
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Nah, you shouldn't need to do any of that, the NOW TV Hub should work fine with Google Home. Have you tried following the steps in this help article

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7170507?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en&oco=0

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. This seems to have worked. It was definitely trying to connect to the
right network. Anyway, it’s worked so thank you very much 😁!! Greatly
appreciated. Rachael
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi hope u can help ....I've just gone live on hub2 I'm not technically minded I dont have computers or laptops just my galaxy8 fone I've tried all day can anyone help me easily to connect to my tv pleeeeese 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Hub 2 is purely a Router to access the internet with and is not a streaming box to watch NowTV on your television.

To watch NowTV on your television, you will need a suitable supported device from the link below together with a suitable NowTV TV pass (i.e. Entertainment, Cinema, Sports, Kids or Hayu pass).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thank you for that I was told on phone call that I would be able to view nowtv on my tv even though I told guy on fone I dont have laptop or other devices told him I've never had house internet just fone internet he said it would be easy to sort hmmmm not sure bout this now think I've been duped a bit or that's how I feel    but thank you for answering me

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity what is the make and model of your television ?

If it's either an LG or Samsung Smart Television then there is a good chance that the television will have the native NowTV App on it.

Have you got any other device connected to your television such has an Youview box for example ?

The only way to use the NowTV App off your smartphone to watch on your television would be plugging in a Chromecast to the television which would involve an extra cost purchasing the Chromecast dongle and it might be to complicated for you to use if you are not Technically minded.

Personally i would look at a NowTV Stick (assuming your television has a HDMI port on it) where you can pick up the Stick from places like Currys, Argos, local Supermarket etc for around £15 to £20. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you...my tv is Sony rm ed049 I do have hdmi ports I have added nowtv to my fone ..