cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanMc

Well, Broadband is Down ... again.

Well, my broadband is down, again.  I'm can't say I'm entirely shocked, as this happens frequently.

So, I live in Aberdeen and have been a NowTV subscriber for about two years now.  During that time, I've grown used to intermittent outages with my broadband - always at night.  Usually it goes down for a few minutes and a reboot fixes the problem (well, until the next downage which can be anywhere between a few hours or sometimes a few minutes.)

I never really complained about this before, largely because when I tried I chipper voice over the phone would happily tell me that all of their offices are closed.  Yay.

Then I went back home to the Ststes for the holidays and arrived back on January 15.  I get back in and ... no Internet.  I called in (I assume it went out late one night but just never came back on.  The up shot was NowTV's helpline was actually open for once.) and was told that someone would be out to fix it in a few days.  Joy.  Miracle of miracles, they actually came late the next day - but it still took them two days of working on it to get my Internet back.

Thst would have been roughly around January 18.  I figured the problem had been fixed.  And then tonight I was relaxing to watch some YouTube and play a video game when ... the broadband went out again.

After some cursing and trying to reboot the WiFi, and then having the NowTv website check my line, I was directed to ... call in.  Wonderful.  And, just as I expected, it was midnight so all of their call centers were closed.

Guess om just supposed to deal with no Internet.  At least until time tomorrow when I call in and an happily told it will be three to five business days for someone to get their rear ends out here to fix it.  Again.

I have never, in all my life, had such shoddy Internet service.  And I'm including when I was a kid in the 90s and my Da got us our first landlines service.  Its utterly disgusting and offensive that theh take my money every month and then provide this kind of 'service.' 

I know I'm howling into the void with this post.  I highly doubt anyone will see it before I go to bed in a few hours.  And even if theh do, I'm sure the best they will tell me is someone will be out to fix it in three to five business days.  But seriously, this is practically criminal and I'm beyond fed up. 

6 REPLIES 6
DanMc

I apologise for the typos.  I'm on mobile.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DanMc 

As @Jayach mentioned we are just customers like you so there is very little if anything we can do. Apart from persevere and call the broadband team after 8am.

Definitely should ask for full line investigation as there could be a fault somewhere on the line as far back as the cabinet. The router you get with NOW is dire so hopefully they don’t try and drop the issue by replacing just that.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Shiro877
Advocate

Same here. Also from Aberdeen. Pretty used to it going off for 5 mins at this time most nights but it's been about 2 hours now and the website is pointless and nobody to call. 

Least they could do is put up an update.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Shiro877 

There is a number to call for broadband support. See link below for the number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

You're not talking to Now here, we are just customers like yourself.

Whilst we can sympathise, only Now can engage Openreach to fix your line. (if that is where the problem is)

Now is a basic consumer broadband product, so support seems to be tailored to prime hours.

RoyB
Legend

@DanMc 

Other internet providers are available, at higher cost than Now admittedly, but operate on a 2-day time to fix SLA with Openreach, rather than the 3-day one Now have.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.