cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Websites not loading?

I've recently joined Now from Vodafone. I've noticed that images on my twitter app struggle to load up sometimes (tweets load fine but images and videos don't) and my HotUKDeals app struggles to load content (deals, images, comments ect).

This happens on both mine and my partner's mobile phone. Previously we had no issues with these with Vodafone. If we turn WiFi off and our mobile data on, all of these load instantly with no issues. This only happens on WiFi.

We've even cleared cache and uninstalled the apps. This is clearly an issue with the Now broadband/router. It started happening on day 1 of joining Now.

Any suggestions? Cheers.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I use Twitter and HotUKDeals App on both my Android Tablet and Sony Smartphone with no problems using NOW with their Hub 2 Router over Wifi.

The only things that i have changed on my NOW Hub Router is as follows :-

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

In my setup 2.4GHz wifi works better for me in my Home environment than 5GHz, where i have set all my devices  for 2.4GHz.

Also a few mobile phone users have reported no wifi connection or random wifi drop outs on their phones using the NowTV Hub 2 Router, where i was experiencing loss of wifi connection on my Chromecast devices (until i altered my Hub 2 settings by following the be!ow instructions).

Where you could try accessing the Hub 2 Router webpage settings (following steps 1 & 2 above and instead of selecting the Maintenance Tab, select the Advanced Tab), then select the LAN IP Setup tab below it, then disable the IPV 6 on Lan side by unticking the box and clicking the green Apply Button towards the bottom of the screen.

The disable of the IPV6 over Lan seemed to help people who have reported wifi random dropouts on their smartphone using the NowTV Hub 2.

Might be worth a try.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention that i have also changed the default settings PG 13 on my Broadband Buddy online account settings to Age 18.

Might be worth having a play around with your Broadband Buddy Settings if you haven't done it already.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-buddy-troubleshooting 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I've tried this and we'll see what happens. It doesn't happen all of the time, just occasionally throughout the day so I'll give it time and see if it happens again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've done everything suggested but we're still having the same issues. I keep having to turn WiFi off on my phone and mobile data on just to use Twitter properly. This is eating up my data.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If your still having issues, give the broadband team a call this morning.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Strange that Twitter and HotUKDeals Apps works fine for me on my Sony Android smartphone.

I am guessing you haven't got a tablet to check these Apps on?

Sounds like there is something blocking full access to these Apps either on your phone or NOW Router settings.

Out of curiosity do you and your partner own a similar brand phone?

If the NOW Broadband Team can't help, maybe tag the forum member on this thread linked below to see if they resolved it some how.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Broadband-not-loading-files-in-very-specific-apps/m-p/468686