cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Website connection timing out

Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve an issue with a specific website not loading when connected to my NowTV broadband?

The website definitely works as others have checked it and it also works on my phone but only when not using Wifi (i.e. not using Now TV broadband).

The error I get is "The connection has timed out" and this is regardless of which browser or device I use - it seems to be related to the broadband connection itself.  I've tried incognito, rebooting router, rebooting device and turning off Broadband Buddy - all with no effect.

15 REPLIES 15
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Might sound daft, have you tried another browser? 
As I’ve noticed that Edge works better with some sites than Chrome.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, have tried multiple browsers and devices - it's definitely something to do with the network itself

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would be tempted to temporary try disabling IPV6 on the NOW Hub 2 Router to see if it makes any difference.

I have posted how to disable IPV6 on the NOW Hub 2 Router in this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Intermittent-loss-of-broadband/m-p/528766 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - have tried this but made no difference.  The site worked fine before so it is as if it is somehow being blocked by the router

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming it's not an illegal website which NOW / Sky have recently blocked ?

Also i am guessing the website doesn't work on a PC or tablet instead of your smartphone ?

I could try it my end on my NOW Hub Router if you don't mind posting a url link to see if effects me too.

Under your Broadband Buddy custom settings have you tried typing allow in the url  website address in the box ?

Or otherwise contact the NOW Broadband Team using the phone number on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For some reason my reply keeps disappearing

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps the link you are trying to post is being blocked by the Community Forum.

If  you are OK about it name the website instead of posting a link.

Should it be something personal and sensitive get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team instead of mentioning the website on a public forum. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps 

I've tried speaking to them and they have just suggested rebooting the router and turning Broadband Buddy off and on and waiting 24 hours...

Looks like I need to find a new broadband provider!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On your first post you mentioned others have checked the website on their Broadband.

Was any of them using NOW or Sky Broadband ?

I could check the website my end being a NOW Broadband customer using the NOW Hub 2 Router to see if i get the same problem if you are prepared to name the website in question.