cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Weak wifi signal

Hi , i live in a studio flat and my nowtv two hub is in the room. I have fab fiber and I can’t watch twitch streams on telly buffering all the time also on my phone i got moft of the time half signal with the rooter next to me !!! Why is the wifi signal so weak?? Help please , thanks !
11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The first thing I would try is to press the reset button on the rear of the hub 2 router where it should automatically choose the best wifi channel for your home environment.

Also make sure that the hub router is located in a sensible position in the room with nothing blocking the hub and keep any wireless telephone handset stations away from the Hub Router.

Also maybe experiment between the dual band option on the Hub 2 Router to see if your wifi devices work more effectively over 2.4 or 5 ghz.

More info here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed-by-changing-wi-fi-channel

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks , I don’t own a phone or anything wireless exept the hub and it is
on default settings , i did reset it few times. I will try that link and
let you know
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Also when i check on te website the services i get this

2AD77675-F4A4-4C33-AB53-A681C4F2F201.png
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Might be worth contacting the nowtv broadband team and explain to them what's happening and showing when you check your service status.

Go to My Account > My Package (Under moving Home) there should be a telephone helpline number, give them a call and ask for the broadband technical dept.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah i called them , the answer was to change the channels between them and
see wich one is suitable for me... i did that is the same , bottom line is
i pay for fiver and i got buffering on youtube or twitch ... thats not on
and the tech support is a joke... don’t know what else to do here ...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems like this problem has been there for a long time. I'm still having the same problem this year! I wish I read the messages about their broadband service before I purchased. Anyway, I've complained to Ofcom. Everyone should so they get investigated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wish I had known this before moving over to NOW super fibre 😞 is there any way to get all the router access settings from Now directly to use an older but much more superior router?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this worked for me thankyou so much for sharing 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too, same problem. Am paying for fibre but only getting 4/5 mbps, its painfully slow!