cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching nowtv in BT Tv box

Hi we are able to log in to our nowtv account vis our new BT TV box but can only see our movie pass but not our entertainment pass channels.

can you help?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

i dont have an answer answer but I’m experiencing the same 

via iPad, I can see cinema, entertainment and kids but on smart tv via but box can only see cinema. Tried the help chat but no answer?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

The reason you can't see any entertainment, kids, sports or Hayu content on the Youview boxes at the moment is because it's not currently supported Smiley Sad

Only on demand movies is available via the NowTV App on the Youview boxes. 

This is going to change some time next year where BT and NowTV / Sky have agreed a cross platform service.

Not sure about Talk Talk or Retail Youview boxes are part of this agreement? 

Unfortunately this is no good to you at the moment for watching nowtv passes other than a cinema pass Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is frustrating that you cannot watch your entertainment pack on BT TV./YouView box. That was the reason I signed up to NowTV and purchased teh entertainment pack. 

Maybe this should have been made absolutely clear before people subscribe.

When will I be able to watch my subscribed entertainment pack on my YouView box?

ken242
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

It is frustrating that you cannot watch your entertainment pack on BT TV./YouView box. That was the reason I signed up to NowTV and purchased teh entertainment pack. 

Maybe this should have been made absolutely clear before people subscribe.

When will I be able to watch my subscribed entertainment pack on my YouView box?

there been testing nowtv on bt as we talk there been doing this for the passed few weeks

RoyB
Legend

Get a £15 NowTV Stick from your nearest Curry’s or Argos, which comes with a 2-month Entertainment Pass you can use to extend the period before you have to pay monthly, worth at least £10 in itself.

Then you can be watching tomorrow, or at least before the next episode of GoT, with any luck, and for a net £5, not have to wait for BT and Sky to sort out their arrangement.

Then, when YouView NowTV finally can play Entertainment, you can use the Stick on another TV in the house, if you have one, to have two places you can watch NowTV!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ken242
Expert

@RoyB wrote:

Get a £15 NowTV Stick from your nearest Curry’s or Argos, which comes with a 2-month Entertainment Pass you can use to extend the period before you have to pay monthly, worth at least £10 in itself.

Then you can be watching tomorrow, or at least before the next episode of GoT, with any luck, and for a net £5, not have to wait for BT and Sky to sort out their arrangement.

Then, when YouView NowTV finally can play Entertainment, you can use the Stick on another TV in the house, if you have one, to have two places you can watch NowTV!

well  said I know I’ve got You view  and I know that now TV and BT have been doing tests on the BT platform   For a few weeks now my brother who works for sky/NOW TV he is working on it  with the  team of technicians who assigned to this job but I have got a problem with NOW TV I can’t get all the channels I’m losing them it’s not BT‘s fault it’s when they took away DC8, or something and I lost around about five or six channels because of this the BBC changes Phone them up and they told me to get a new aerial but I can’t  have aerial as I live in the flats and I’ve got a Communal ae

with my neighbour phone  the    Cancel and they told  me I can’ I have a   New aerial I’ve got to have the one I’ve got  my brother keeps going on to me about getting sky Q but I always say to him that now TV has been better for me   as   he  works with sky/ now TV at the moment he’s working on the test for now TV with BT platform and the  team he works with on this project but  every time we meet up he keeps saying to me get sky Q get sky Q I know why are you saying that I was with sky for 20 odd years  then I left them but now I’m coming round the way he’s thinking I’m not getting the full service with BT TV I like all the channels I get what I pay for not six or seven channels missing that I’m paying for  from BT so I’ll give it another six months then I may phone up sky about January time but I will see what happens with BT and NOW TV this year before I do anything but it looks to me why I’m thinking that I will be going back with sky and getting the new sky Q box  and  go back to my old provider who I was with 20 years ago because every time I scanned the BT box you lose channels again I phoned  BT but they’re not very helpful the good with the broadband I am at that but when it comes to TV I don’t think so it looks to me  my brother might be right in the end but I will keep my eye on the full service on NOW TV coming to BT you view boxes I will give it till January  .

RoyB
Legend

There are channel changes going on all over the UK for the 700Mhz clearance event, and it is acknowledged that in some places a retune is sufficient, but in others a new aerial is needed.

YouView have done a rather good job of explaining this; but NowTV haven’t, largely because, perhaps, very few customers have the short-lived NowTV box with a Freeview tuner in it. And of course, you presumably meant you had a problem with YouView losing the channels, not with NowTV losing them....

As regards your aerial, there are two possibilities; firstly, that the channels you lost, which are from the COM7 and COM8 multiplexes, aren’t coming back because they are gone from your local transmitter, and there is nothing the Council can do about that.

The affected channels are here; are these the ones you have lost? (The information shown is 2 months old, so pretty up to date, but perhaps some of the transmitters listed as broadcasting these channels have lost them since 26/92/2019).

The second possibility is that you are going to lose some of the basic standard channels like BBC1 shortly; if this is the case, then the Council is going to have to act on replacing the aerial, like it or not.

I suggest that you call the Freeview Adviceline on 0808 100 0288 and tell them precisely where you live (postcode and house/building number); they will be able to tell you exactly how you are affected, and what you should be saying to the Council, if the Council are not doing right by you.

Do let us know how you get on!

NB: If all else fails, can your brother get you Sky Q at a good discount? Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ken242
Expert

@RoyB wrote:

There are channel changes going on all over the UK for the 700Mhz clearance event, and it is acknowledged that in some places a retune is sufficient, but in others a new aerial is needed.

YouView have done a rather good job of explaining this; but NowTV haven’t, largely because, perhaps, very few customers have the short-lived NowTV box with a Freeview tuner in it. And of course, you presumably meant you had a problem with YouView losing the channels, not with NowTV losing them....

As regards your aerial, there are two possibilities; firstly, that the channels you lost, which are from the COM7 and COM8 multiplexes, aren’t coming back because they are gone from your local transmitter, and there is nothing the Council can do about that.

The affected channels are here; are these the ones you have lost? (The information shown is 2 months old, so pretty up to date, but perhaps some of the transmitters listed as broadcasting these channels have lost them since 26/92/2019).

The second possibility is that you are going to lose some of the basic standard channels like BBC1 shortly; if this is the case, then the Council is going to have to act on replacing the aerial, like it or not.

I suggest that you call the Freeview Adviceline on 0808 100 0288 and tell them precisely where you live (postcode and house/building number); they will be able to tell you exactly how you are affected, and what you should be saying to the Council, if the Council are not doing right by you.

Do let us know how you get on!

NB: If all else fails, can your brother get you Sky Q at a good discount? Smiley Tongue

Thanks for the info I forgot to say when I phoned up the council they will not let me have the aerial but they will let me have The sky dish up the council said the area I live in is the sky area and a lot of people I’ve got satellite  I said we are letting people have sky because where I live is a bad reception In your area where you live .