cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WPA/WPA2 is not secure

My phone is telling me when I connect to Wi Fi that WPA/WPA2 on my now tv router is not secure.  I have been with Now TV for over 12 months and do not understand what it is talking about. Does anyone know what this is all about 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bacillus
Expert

wpa3 is a relatively new protocol so I expect only the latest version routers will be able to perform that encryption.

You'll need to go into your router's settings and under wireless see if that  wpa3 option is available. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bacillus
Expert

I suspect you have an iPhone that's just updated to ios 14.

Apple wants you to us wpa3 as it's the most secure form of encryption atm.

For the average user you could safely ignore the warning and use your present encryption protocol.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes my iPhone has updated to ios 14 you are right there. Very worrying though to think your connection is not secure with banking, emails etc. Will the Now broadband router let you change to what Apple are asking for to be more secure. 

bacillus
Expert

wpa3 is a relatively new protocol so I expect only the latest version routers will be able to perform that encryption.

You'll need to go into your router's settings and under wireless see if that  wpa3 option is available. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @bacillus  

Hi Guys

I'm not an Apple user but the one thing I can say is that Apple, like any other IT company, is not above using misleading error messages as a marketing ploy. So, strictly speaking, the message is not a lie but it's not 100% accurate either, it's there to make you want to upgrade to or buy their latest product.

So don't believe the hype, it's a money grab.

UK Bob