cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very slow broadband speeds and unable to contact support

I am getting at best between 2-3 Mbps and at worst 0.25 Mbps in London Zone 2. The service is rated for a minimum of 6 Mbps (no fibre available unfortunately). This is barely usable with one device and often disconnects and fails to reconnect. Upload is usually close to the rated 1 Mbps; awful, but what we agreed to.

I have tried all of the technical checks suggested on this site and nothing has changed. We previously had a different broadband provider using the Vodafone network and similar issues were experienced so I do not think it is the router at fault.

I firmly believe and engineer visit is required but I cannot access one. The online chat option does not work when I click the button and I have tried using the complaint function and not received a response and cannot locate a phone number of this site.

Help

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

You won’t find a phone number here, but broadband customers are given one to ring for broadband problems, which you should be able to find under My Account, either Broadband and calls, or Orders & appointments.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for responding @RoyB

I didn't see a phone number in either of those locations but you got me thinking and I found one in the Key Facts document under Message Centre > My documents > Now TV Key Facts.

It is 03303323050 for the benefit of others

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just joined not got my router yet but I didn’t read the reviews about the broadband and I’m haven doubts now is it really slow how do u mean in being slow please 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you have had broadband before from any ISP, there is no reason NOW Broadband should be any slower (or indeed any faster) that that ISP’s comparable product.

The dirty little secret is that your broadband will still travel over the same BT OpenReach infrastructure from your home to your ISP’s equipment, and most of the time, this BT wiring is the limiting factor.

However, a new broadband link does take some time to settle down, and there can be initial misconfigurations that slow it down, and need sorting out.

But there is no magic bullet that will make any other ISP able to give you faster broadband than NOW can.

Faster telephone response when you ring up with any problems though, hell yes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.