cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sith_ringo
Advocate

VPN with NOWTV HUB and Apple 4K

VPN with NOWTV HUB and Apple 4K

Ok so I got back with NowTV when I got a AppleTV 4K (don't even get me started with the app although I keep hearing its update is Beta, yet this in turn is years in the making it would appear)

I want to use VPN via DNS setting with the AppleTV 4K itself

I understand the the NowTV hub forces the DNS to SKY's (don't see why googles wasn't enough)

Is this actually going to be possible VPN on AppleTV4K via NowTV hub?

Is it possible to request the hub is reverted to a previous firmware that allows this?

Apple TV have no VPN apps on the TV4K box, you can however change DNS in settings fine

Help me any Obi Wan's , you're my only hope !

1 REPLY 1

As far as I know, it’s not possible to revert the NOW TV hub to ANY previous version of firmware (because firmware updates are automatically pushed out by Sky, not even sure if a previous firmware version would be findable or downloadable).

Aware of the recent changes by Sky regarding forced use of their DNS servers, but not overly concerned about it personally. No experience of using a Smart VPN service that uses specific DNS settings, sorry! You might be able to find the answer on the Sky help forum though, where these things are discussed more actively by very interested users 😉