cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HMM
Mentor

VPN connection dropping

I do not have a problem connection to OpenVPN to be able to do work but during the connection I constantly have lags ie screen freezes when trying to do work, or the connection drops and I get the we will retry x5 which sometimes reconnects and sometimes disconnects the VPN connection completely.  I then have to reconnect and it works for a while then the process starts happening again.  I can't work like this and the company IT has tested everything on their side and all is set up and working fine.  
The internet connection is constant and that is not dropping as I will be connected to the internet while this is happening and I can surf no problem.
I've also done the test connection and all comes back fine.
When I call to try and resolve, I get told nothing looks wrong on their side.
Can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @HMM 

As a temporary test I would be tempted to try switching off IPV6 on the NOW Hub Router just to see if you notice any improvement if you haven't tried it already.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @HMM 

Don't know if there is anything from this quick Google search found on the Sky Community forum helps in anyway.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/IPV6-Disable/td-p/3975026 

HMM
Mentor

Thanks I've switched off everything and reconnected everything and not working from wifi but network cable directly into router.....still the same problems

HMM
Mentor

PS it's using IPV4 and still a problem

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @HMM 

Perhaps other NOW Community Forum Members can offer some further suggestions and assistance.

I don't use a VPN or works VPN so I won't be able to offer any further help, where ever since I disabled IPV6 on my NOW Hub 2 Router a few years back all my internet connected devices doesn't encounter any dropouts anymore.

Hope you get it sorted.

HMM
Mentor

Thank you much appreciated - crossing fingers someone in the community will be able to help?

RoyB
Legend

@HMM 

https://help.nowtv.com/search/Vpn

There are two articles referenced there. See if anything in either of them might help you here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
HMM
Mentor

Thanks RoyB - I had just found this and put my vpn address to allow access.  I'll see if it has any effect.  The problem is I can access my VPN no problem but it keeps lagging and/or dropping , that is the infuriating part.