cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using a second hub2 as a wap

I have a second hub2. Can I configure it as a wireless access point to improve the wifi range?

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Found this useful thread over on the Sky Forum's about using two Sky Q Hub Routers as an access point.

The NowTV Hub 2 Routers are clones of the Sky Q Router so i would expect the information contained in the link below will be relevant in your case using the NowTV Hub 2.

Just for additional information i have also been informed by the NowTV Team in the past that the Sky Q wifi boosters also work with the NowTV Hub 2.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Using-2nd-Sky-Q-Hub-as-access-point/td-p/2845054

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for that. Followed the steps in the post- changed lan address, disabled dhcp, turned off the firewall and changed the name and password to the same as main hub. Rebooted the slave and cannot back into it. reset the slave to restore defaults and still cannot get into the hub setup??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps somebody with more knowledge than me with regards to setting up the second NowTV Hub Router has a WAP can offer you further assistance & help.

I am assuming your main NowTV Hub Router is still working fine (if not hold in the reset button on the back of the router for about 15 secs to return it back to it's default settings).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again,

yes the hub I want to use as a master works fine but the wireless is so carp. Ipad and phone constantly dropping out. My desktop is connected via a lan and works fine. I have another old router which I use as a lan switch to connect, tv, music centre and sky via a lan but I disabled the wifi on it when I set it up a couple of years ago. It's an old netgear router - only has 2.4GHz but bound to be better than this hub2. I'll try it for a bit longer then maybe bin it. Never had prob's like now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

could anyone with sky forum access post the solution here as I am unable to access sky forum...

Thanks

james 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bumping this thread as I have interest in using my hub 2 as a WAP for Occulus.

It seems that changing the IP on my dumb router disables it entirely.

Has anyone gotten past this point?

Jm438

Hi,

Found this thread as wanting to do the same as the OP. Similarly to others, after following the instructions on various sites (Disabling DCHP, Changing IP address, matching master router details), the router reboots and doesn't allow me to log back on to it  (as poster above wrote - as soon as i change the IP address, i can no longer log into it)

Any solutions/ways to overcome this or should i just give up and spend the money for a powerline adapter.