cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using a private VPN

Hi all,

I'm going to be joining Now broadband in the next week and was wondering whether I can use a private VPN service like CyberGhost or ExpressVPN?

I'm asking because I've seen some mixed/old posts about using a VPN.

Thanks for your help,

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You won't be able to add the VPN DNS information directly onto a NOW Hub 2 Router supplied by NOW.

Though you could use a VPN on your playback devices and PC etc if these devices allow it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You won't be able to add the VPN DNS information directly onto a NOW Hub 2 Router supplied by NOW.

Though you could use a VPN on your playback devices and PC etc if these devices allow it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's one typical discussion taken from the Sky Community Forum about using a VPN service directly on the Sky Hub Router which is a clone of the NOW Hub 2 Router.

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Why-does-SKY-not-allow-customers-to-use-VPN-s-on-SKY-Q-Routers/m-p/3705527 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps , just wanted to double check as I've read about some work VPN's being blocked but I guess they are more complex.

Thanks again,

Neil

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you type something like "VPN on Sky Routers" by doing a Google search you should find more information and ways how to add a VPN (but not directly on the Sky / NOW Router itself).

I only used a VPN a few years back for a short period of time mainly for Netflix USA and there was no provision to add to my ISP Router and had to configure both my Sony Smart Blu Ray Player and PS3.

The VPN websites should confirm what devices they support and instructions how to add the VPN to the hardware such has PC, smartphones, tablets, Games Consoles and Smart TV's etc.