cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using a Xiaomi 4a Router with NowTV

Hi,

I've bought a xiaomi 4a router and naively thought it was a case of just plugging it directly into the phone socket and it would work.  I now realise that is not the case.

How can I get it to work?

Thanks,

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is anyone able to help me with this?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’d say you are out of your depth, and shouldn’t be attempting this.

And you also need to know you are breaking the terms of your broadband contract with NowTV by even trying to use it.

But don’t get too hung up on wanting Xiaomi-specific advice, as there isn’t any here, but go to the Search box at the top of the Community and type in ‘router configuration’, ‘third-party router’, ‘using my existing router’, ‘replacing NowTV Hub’, and terms like that, and carefully collate all the (conflicting) advice you see.

Then get the Xiaomi manual, and see if it can be configured as desired, and if so, try it.

You might also want to go on the Xiaomi forum, if there is one, see if anyone has got it working with NowTV, or with Sky, which is pretty similar, as Sky own NowTV.

Good luck, tell us how you get on, and please don’t make me regret paying five times as much for a Netgear Nighthawk as for this off-brand device which seems to have about the same spec 🤠

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.