cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using USB with hub2

Hi I've just joined NOWTV and can't find a simple way to connect the USB hard drive. 

My old router modem has a USB port, can I use this or is there an upgrade I can buy from NOWTV.  

Any simple to follow instructions would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did the USB hard drive work on your old router?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. It powered the drive and all files were accessible to all PCs and phones etc.

Plus all my music was available to the Sonos.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @RoyB 

Hey Woody

Back when NOW was Now TV they did not allow any additional IT kit to be connected to their equipment, e.g. no implementation of DLNA, zapping any additional unsupported facilities, disabling unused ports, etc.  And there is no sign, as yet, that NOW has changed course or going to implement a more user friendly policy in allowing other OEM devices to be connected to their own badged kit.

Mind you, this is my reading of the situation.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK. So one thing you could try is turning off DHCP on your previous router, so it doesn’t try to fight the Now router for the right to assign IP addresses, hang that router off a port on the Now router, plug the USB drive into the old router as before, and see if that works.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks.

On the router interface I can now see the USB drive but so far I've not been able to access it. 

It does gives me 3 more working rj45 ports