cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using Sky Broadband Hub (SR203) with Now Broadband

Tried searching around previous threads but couldn't find a solid answer: 

Is anyone using a Sky Broadband Hub (SR203) with Now Broadband? Does it work reliably? Was it easy to setup? 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read this linked thread below where the OP was testing out both the SR204 and SR203.

Perhaps tag the person in the linked thread below to see how they are getting on with the SR203.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Sr204-sky-router/m-p/586729 

Jayach
Elite 3

There should be no problem using the SR203 on Now, in fact it's probably to be recommended, considering how poor the Now router is.

No setup needed, just plug in in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks, looks like the SR203 works provided you plug it in and leave it for about 10mins. 

I had seen another thread where some had successfully plugged it but went back to the NowHub2 due to it being unreliable? https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Using-4-port-Sky-Router-on-Now-Broadband-model-SR20... 

My service isn't due to go live for another few weeks but will report back then. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is a few forum members who have swapped over to the Sky SR203 Router instead of the supplied NOW Hub 2.

If you type something like Sky SR203 Router in the Community search box and have a read of the hit thread results, then maybe tag the forum members who have been using this Sky Router model for their long term feedback using it.

Should you go down this route, should you have any technical NOW Broadband issues and need to phone NOW then plug in your NOW Hub 2 otherwise the NOW Broadband Team might be reluctant to assist if using the Sky Router.

forestdweller
Scholar

I've been using an SR203 since mid august. Absolutely no problems, just plugged it in and waited less than 5 minutes for it to successfully connect - no setup changes required. There are plenty to choose from at a well known auction site. I picked up what turned out to be a new and unused  one for £16.50 so worth checking out for similar.