cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Urgent - line not got active -

I am having tremendous amount of issues with my broadband following a home move. 

we were due to go live on 7 October. This got delayed to 14 October (we were told in an email something had changed but had to ring up to find out about the 7 day delay)

the 14 October has been and gone. No broadband still. The telephone people at NOW cannot help whatsoever nor can they transfer me through to senior management. 

i am in serious risk of losing my job as I work remotely at home. The last week has been an absolute disaster mentally for me. 

the website is abysmal and does not correspond with what the telephone operators tell me is on their screen. 

I cannot stress just how awful and stressful this situation is, people’s livelihoods depend on this. 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This is a customer to customer forum. So all I can do is sympathise with what you are going through. 

Best to keep calling the broadband team until it’s resolved.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Gav. Appreciate you are just a customer too.

I get nowhere with them. The latest communication via phone was to sit tight and wait, it’s frankly ridiculous. Nobody on the telephone can tell me anything definitive. Just escalate and openreach nonsense. 

I would be grateful for a NOW employee to reach out. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

No worries bud, it’s mega frustrating and I can only hope it gets resolved soon! 

The issue that NOW has is that they are fully reliant on OpenReach sorting the connection out. So it could be an issue with them. 
Although I’d start pushing for the compensation route since it’s not live as expected. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again. We’ve been since told that there is no active line as the old owners of our house disconnected it for some reason. But again, we’ve had to prize this information out of NOW and their website still tells us that it is awesome news we will be connected at some random point in the future which is really frankly insulting. 

another awful day tethering off my phone trying to work. We’ve signed up for BT Wifi but that’s really hit and miss too. 

Customer services from NOW has been frankly abysmal. The staff are polite but there is literally nothing they can ever do other than advise we ‘sit tight’. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What about jumping ship and heading over to BT? 

They might be able to shed more light on when you could get connected up.