cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Upload drops to 0 every minute or so

Hi, I'm a few days into my brand new NowTV Broadband account and while my download speeds seem fine at about 30mbps and most of the time my upload speeds is about 5mbps, the upload is completely dropping very frequently. This means that live streaming is practically impossible.

Is this something that happens in the first few days of having now broadband, or is it going to be an on going issue?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

From my understanding is that your connection will fluctuate over the first 7-10 days of a the broadband.

If your connection isn’t working as expected then I’d give the team a call.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is your device connected via Ethernet for the live streaming?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was using wifi, now I'm going to see how the upload is using ethernet cable. So far, a 15 minutes livestream seemed to go fine with no noticeable drop outs, so hopefully it was just a wifi issue that I can avoid.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
With Wi-Fi you can split your signals, this might help sort it out.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.