cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Upgrade to Fibre - Openreach say yes, NowTV say no?

i am existing NowTV customer looking to upgrade to Fibre. I contacted Openreach who have confirmed in an email that i can get fibre installed at my home. I have also seen my neighbors have fibre installed so i know that it is in the street, my flat just needs connecting.

Openreach advised that i should be able to order Fibre to the premises (FTTP) through NowTV, however when i contact NowTV they say fibre is not available. 

Can someone from NowTV please double check this? happy to provide a copy of my email from openreach.

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Ape

You'll not get the contact you want from the Now TV team here, this customer led forum, your best bet is to write to them at the following:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpgUK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV say:-

There are 3 totally unlimited, reliable broadband speeds to choose from:

• Brilliant Broadband (average speed 11Mbps) – £18 a month 
  • Fab Fibre (average speed 36Mbps) – £25 a month
  • Super Fibre (average speed 63Mbps) – £30 a month

And that is all they can pick up with the LLU (Local Loop Unbundling) equipment Sky/NowTV have installed in your local exchange; anything faster, and they couldn’t keep their end up.

I have ‘500Mbps’ FTTP from BT, installed by Openreach, and I couldn’t get NowTV Broadband on my previous 25 Mbps fibre line, as there is no LLU of any kind in our exchange, never was any.

But even if there had been, and NowTV had been able to offer me Super Fibre, that is still six times slower than the 350Mbps my line actually achieves.

Maybe NowTV will add a FTTP offering in the future, but you will have to switch to BT if you want that package now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.