cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Upgrade now tv router

Is it possible to upgrade router for better performance.....From now tv hub 2 ?

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

In what way better performance?

Faster Broadband - probably not.

More powerful WiFi - almost certainly.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In both of them ways.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know if it is possible to install my own Netgear router in place of the Now Broadband (copper) router? The range of the WiFi is shocking, and is seriously making me consider a different provider.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes there is, and if you type ‘Netgear router’ in the Search box at the top of this page, you can see all sorts of helpful (and even some successful) description of how to do this.

The most recent posts, and ones that pertain to your exact model of router, or a closely similar one, may give you the best chance of success.

The shortcomings of the NowTV router in this area are well known, and two Ethernet ports is a bit mizzy, so I don’t blame you for looking, but this doesn’t have to be a reason to switch from NowTV Broadband, if you are otherwise satisfied with their service,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.