cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unusable speed drop off every evening

I've had Now TV BB for 2.5 months and while it runs pretty well the majority of the time (poor wifi distance though might I add) I keep getting drop outs anytime between 5.30pm-8pm. These aren't half drop outs or a change that you can still stream or browse with, it basically drops to low KBPS speeds for a good 20 mins. Everything stops. I'm fed up of restarting routers or changing the channel to get it back to average speeds, and the strange part is I swapped from Sky BB for a cheaper deal and I didnt have this problem with them, well maybe once a month.

Before its suggested as I've seen in other posts, I've split the ranges of the modem and that didn't work. I also dont buy the 'its covid so everyones using the internet at the same time so you might get slower speeds', I'd understand if it dropped low to a level you could still use, but if KBPS is what I get from sharing the internet at the same time with everyone I'm not happy with that deal!

My contract is the high speed one (advertised 60ish MBPS), as I'm currently no where near that on a daily business what am I entitled to? Also anyone else had this issue and got anything productive out of NOW customer services?

Thanks,

AB

1 REPLY 1
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you were with Sky can I assume you had the connection you were paying for? 

What I can only suggest is giving the broadband team a call to formally complain and that you should mention you were previously a Sky BB customer without issues.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW TV advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help