cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unsupported gadget??

I have a I geek puppy camera (ie80). It worked when I had virgin media. Now I have changed to now it won’t connect??

the app says it does not support 5GHz wireless bandwidth??

is that what now tv runs on?? 
please help? This is really frustrating that it suddenly doesn’t connect to our network?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if these instructions below helps.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if these instructions below helps.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you so much! You’re a venomous! I didn’t know how to access the settings at all before then... it’s still not working??
The camera says it needs these settings...

• 2.4ghz (sorted now- thanks to you!)
  • router encryption mode WPA/WPA2 (I think I have changed this)
  • open QOS in advanced settings and set device at highest setting ???
  • turn off wireless access control on black and white list and cancel the option of black and white list ??? 
  • turn off AP isolation in the routers settings??? 

sorry to ask you about this but you were so helpful before?? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What do you mean by venomous ?

Thought splitting the two 2.4 ghz & 5ghz bands on your NowTV Hub Router would possibly help connecting your camera device on the 2.4ghz network because you mentioned that the camera only works over 2.4ghz.

My IT & Network skills are pretty limited to be honest and can't offer any other suggestions apart from maybe try a full reset on your camera (perhaps there is some instructions in your camera manual on how to connect to a new Wi-Fi network ?).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was meant to say your a genius! Not venomous... predictive text!! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are still stuck, perhaps another forum member who has better IT & Networking knowledge than me can assist you.

I would also try holding in the WPS button on the front of the NowTV Hub Router for a couple of seconds to see if it can detect your camera on the Network.