cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unify Dream Machine Pro and NOW Broadband

I believe there are some that have this working but i cannot find a definitive answer on how to configure the UDM Pro.

I have a dual line set up at home for work. Fibre in modem only mode to the UDM Pro and i am switching from VF over to NOW for my DSL backup line, which is managed by the UDM Pro.

I have a BT Openreach modem on the DSL and the username/password for VF is entered into the UDM Pro. I now understand that NOW do not release the username/password and there is some configuration on the UDM Pro that is required around VLAN's and DHCP types, all of which I am happy with, but i need to confirm what they are from someone that is in the same/similar configuration.

Failing that, I am in my 14 day cooling off period and can swing back to VF as it seems much easier and less restrictive.

Thanks in advance.

Eddie.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Managed to get it configured quite easily. The settings required when using the BTopenreach modem directly in to Port9 for WAN1 (Backup) were as follows.

Enable the Classic UI>Settings>Networks>Edit your WAN port

Name - Your name of choice

IPV4 - Using DHCP

IPV6 - Using DHCPv6

IPV6 Prefix Delegation Size - 64

Common Settings DNS Server - Any specific DNS providers that you use or leave blank

Common Settings Options - Add DHCP Option> Option 61 > abcdef@skydsl|abc123

Save Settings and test. Worked straight away this morning as woke up to new provider.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Managed to get it configured quite easily. The settings required when using the BTopenreach modem directly in to Port9 for WAN1 (Backup) were as follows.

Enable the Classic UI>Settings>Networks>Edit your WAN port

Name - Your name of choice

IPV4 - Using DHCP

IPV6 - Using DHCPv6

IPV6 Prefix Delegation Size - 64

Common Settings DNS Server - Any specific DNS providers that you use or leave blank

Common Settings Options - Add DHCP Option> Option 61 > abcdef@skydsl|abc123

Save Settings and test. Worked straight away this morning as woke up to new provider.

durbs
Advocate

For anyone using NowTV on ADSL here is what worked for me to configure this as my backup WAN.

I'm using a Draytek Vigor 130 with factory defaults connected to port 9 on UDM Pro configured as WAN2

Settings>Internet>WAN2

Select PPPoE

Enter username and password from the post linked below on the TP-Link forum. Looks like this is a common username and password, but won't post here just in case it breaks T&Cs. Just fo say o2BroadBand.co.uk is a bit of a throw back.

And bingo all up and running.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264802?replyId=1134218