cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unacceptably slow broadband every day, unacceptably poor service, unacceptably poor support...

Every day, my download speed drops to unacceptably slow levels. Re-starting the router restores the correct line speed for a short while, before it again slows to  very low speeds.  This has been going on for weeks.
I have raised this as an issue with NOWTV, and they have supplied me a new router.
The new router made no difference, as I knew would be the case.
I am having to restart my router two or three times every day, at least.
NOWTV suggest I should change my WiFi channel and split the bandwidth, even though I have explained more than once that  I am using a wired connection to my router and am not using WiFi. They still me that I should do this though. Do they have anyone with any technical knowledge at all on their help desk? I rather doubt it.
NOWTV suggest that I should Web Chat to talk to them, but when I click on the link supplied in the email they send me, there is no link to any web chat to seen anywhere on the linked page.
NOWTV tell me that I should use their "Test my line" facility, and not use any other web-based speed test service, but when I click on the "Test my line" button, it takes me to their "Boost" page, which just encourages me to spend even more money,  and not a line test.
NOWTV sent me an email asking how they were doing, and whether my problem was now fixed. When I replied to that email, informing them that my problem was not resolved,  I received no further reply from them, not even an acknowledgement.
NOWTV appear to be incapable of providing the service that they advertise, and for which I am paying.
NOWTV are very likely to hear from the ombudsman about this.
NOWTV, if you are reading this, please, what are you going to do about improving this abysmally poor service, please?
NOWTV, do you actually care about this at all?

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This is a customer forum so only other customers will see this rant.

There has been other issues with NOW and some have had it resolved by investigation further up the main feeding the property and found a fault there. 

If you wanted to stay with NOW then I’d mention for full investigation of the line and the main feeding the line.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Zoe2
Advocate

Yep I agree.  I just want someone from NOW to take a look for me, but you just end up going round in circles - test the speed (which didn't even detect my broadband!), to FAQ to chat with bot to FAQ to test the speed. . . really bad.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Zoe2 

Call the team using the number in my signature below.

Lines will be closed now as they close by 8pm. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh my, how perfectly I do understand you. I’ve chosen the gaming broadband as I’ve planned to stream and making gaming content while playing, but with these kind of pings (teleports every couple of minutes) it’s just impossible. I do try recconect router but even that doesn’t help. And I am not even talking about streaming because that doesn’t even work with the problems this broadband brings. It’s just sad this ‘gaming/streaming’ called broadband is just nowhere near gaming one. I will wait couple of more weeks, if nothing changes - welcome new broadband. P.S. this has been since the very first day of getting broadband, it’s been four months now.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Call the team using the number in my signature below.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Now broadband is really no different to any other VDSL delivered service (maybe the router is not up to the standards of the more expensive providers), but if you are unable to game/stream over it there is something wrong. Without more info on your particular situation it's impossible to suggest what that may be. If you don't get anywhere with the broadband support, come back and start your own thread and we will try to help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I will do that soon.