cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul12
Advocate

Unable upgrade to Brillliant Fibre but 16 of 17 flats in my block can.

I have have recently taken up Now Broadband. They only offered the basic service which is proving useless for watching TV. Ideally i want to get higher speed.

I spoke to a number of my neighbours in my small block of flats and they all have fibre. Most interestingly, when we logged into Now yesterday and did dummy orders it seems all other flats would be able to order Fibre (including flats those either side of me)WITH Now but not to my flat

I checked other providers yesterday including BT and Sky and they allow me to order fibre.

When i spoke to Now earlier, she just says computer says no and said there is probably no room at the exchange. But how can Sky and BT find room in the exchange via Open Reach but not Now. Also why can my neighbours order via Now without any issue. She suggests i check back every couple of days. That seems like spurious advice to say the least. 

Looks like i am going to have to change provider which is painful, but can anyone give me a logical explanation to this, it seems to me it is an issue with Now and my flat rather than BT Open Reach

Any advice gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Paul12 

Odd errors like this pop up from time to time. Where I used to live, number 6 umpty-um, Freeview said I couldn’t get any reception, but that number 4 and number 8 could.

But unlike in your issue, this didn’t stop me getting a perfectly good TV picture 😢

The best thing you can do is ring the Now Broadband team on 0330 041 2518  or 0800 759 1213 and ask them to get this looked at. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Paul12
Advocate
Thanks, but Now customer services just say computer says no and give no
logical explanation why Sky and others can provide faster service to the
flat