cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to stream

Since changing to NOW broadband I have been struggling to stream Netflix movies, can anyone help please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you go into Message Centre on here, firstly try and find the email that you received about your broadband order where it will say a minimum guaranteed download internet line speed.

Then go to Technical Checks on here and see what the download and upload speeds you are getting when testing the line and see how it compares to your min guaranteed download speeds on your order.

Be aware the figures given are based at speeds at your router and if using Netflix over WiFi the speeds will be less (wired Ethernet to your router is always the best method).

I believe to watch Netflix in HD you need somewhere around 5 Mbps (not sure about SD maybe  somewhere around 2.5 Mbps).

If everything looks good with your internet speeds, maybe try pressing the small reset button on the back of the Hub Router and reboot the power on your Netflix player.

I don't think this as any bearing on your streaming quailty when using Netflix, but try experimenting with your broadband buddy by firstly switching it off under Settings & Pins on here to see if it makes any difference (if not switch your broadband buddy back to your preferred age or custom setting).

If you think your internet speeds are not what was promised, then call the nowtv broadband team.

Out of curisoity what device are you using whilst watching Netflix ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you go into Message Centre on here, firstly try and find the email that you received about your broadband order where it will say a minimum guaranteed download internet line speed.

Then go to Technical Checks on here and see what the download and upload speeds you are getting when testing the line and see how it compares to your min guaranteed download speeds on your order.

Be aware the figures given are based at speeds at your router and if using Netflix over WiFi the speeds will be less (wired Ethernet to your router is always the best method).

I believe to watch Netflix in HD you need somewhere around 5 Mbps (not sure about SD maybe  somewhere around 2.5 Mbps).

If everything looks good with your internet speeds, maybe try pressing the small reset button on the back of the Hub Router and reboot the power on your Netflix player.

I don't think this as any bearing on your streaming quailty when using Netflix, but try experimenting with your broadband buddy by firstly switching it off under Settings & Pins on here to see if it makes any difference (if not switch your broadband buddy back to your preferred age or custom setting).

If you think your internet speeds are not what was promised, then call the nowtv broadband team.

Out of curisoity what device are you using whilst watching Netflix ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank You schnapps, very much appreciated. Speed has been checked and is lower than what was promised. A call is needed. 

Once again Many Thanks