cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect to 2.4ghz

Hi,

I am no longer able to connect to the 2.4ghz network on the router (now hub 2).

I've tried splitting the networks and factory reset. 

None of my devices are able to connect to that network, only the 5ghz one.

This is a problem as I have a lot of 2.4ghz only devices.

Any ideas? Or is my router faulty? Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can I assume that your devices are able to connect to other Wi-fi?

You could try “forgetting” the Wi-fi on the device and reconnect?

Sorry I’m not a broadband customer with NOW so it’s pure guess work.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User I am not familiar with the router in question, but I imagine there is an option to manually set the bandwidth on the 2.4GHz frequency. Try adjusting this to 20MHz only and see if that helps. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Might be a dodgy 2.4ghz wifi antenna or something else related to the NOW Hub 2 that may need a replacement.

Before contacting the NOW Broadband Team i would hold in the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 to 20 seconds (if you haven't done it already) where it will put the Router back to it's shipped settings.

Then disconnect and replug everything on the Router and try splitting the two wifi bands again by following these instructions below.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@schnapps Sage advice, but OP has already tried both of those things?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you all for the suggestions but nothing worked. I'll have to request a replacement probably.. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, do make sure that you tell the NOW support team all the steps you have been through to avoid them asking the same old questions again!  And please let us know how you get on.  🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok I've spent around 10 minutes looking for either a way to create a support ticket or a contact number without success...

Can anyone point me in the right direction plase?

I've joined like 2 weeks ago and things are starting on the wrong foot.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It might not be immediately obvious where to look, but the number is in this link:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

where it does at least say they will try to help you with any technical issues.

And I don’t think you will need to explain that you are not actually making a complaint, just asking politely for some tech support 😛

You should also be able to find the number to ring in the bumf that Now Broadband provided when you signed up, and additionally somewhere in the Broadband details that subscribers get under My Account, and we streaming-only customers don’t. The ‘Moving House’ number is correct anyway, and not dedicated to that so you should have to explain that you are not actually moving house, just asking politely for some tech support 😛

Hmmm. Is there a pattern here?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Here's a link with the communication methods to get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

I am assuming in the Hub 2 webpage settings you had ticked enabled WiFi access points?

Also when you factory reset the Hub 2 you held in the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 seconds or more, where a short press might not have factory reset it.

If you was on Sky Broadband previously and still have the old Sky Router then that will run also on the NOW Broadband service.