cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Twice engineer canceled on the day of go live

This has happened twice. I have been calling and the rude lady told me to wait again until midnight even though the engineer was meant to be at the house between 8am and 1pm every time this happens it's two more days before they have a reshedule. The call centre staff are dismissive and rude I have been waiting in for the engineer. Has anyone else had this issue and will it ever go live? 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help much being a fellow customer just like you.

But a quick question, is there already a wired BT Master telephone Socket fitted and if so have you already plugged in and powered up the NOW Hub Router and left it on for an hour or so ?

Only asking, just in case the BT Openreach Engineer managed to get the Broadband up & running externally without needing access to the property (seen this happen a few times before where the BT Engineer didn't inform the home owner that they managed to get it working and didn't after all need access to the home).

If there is no wired BT telephone Socket or you have left the Hub Router powered up from the existing BT Socket then please ignore this post of mine.

Only thing you can do is contact the NOW Broadband Team again, hopefully getting are more friendly / understanding Advisor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do and I have tried to have them accept I already have a line but they don't. I hope they will sort it out soon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Are you new to the property, or are you swapping from another broadband supplier?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am swapping a provider
redchiz1
Champion 2

I recently switched my father-in-law's service - with his full knowledge I hasten to add! - and in fairness NOW kept us notified. It was of course a delay on the part of Openreach. One consolation is that you can expect automatic compensation of £5.04 per day from the date agreed until the actual go live date. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I am swapping a provider

Strange then, as swapping from one Openreach supplied provider to another should be a simple transfer with little problems.

Still, Vodafone can always make the simple more complicated.