cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MYnow
Advocate

This Hub does not connect to my computer via cable (ethernet)

Two laptops connected via wifi, and two desktop computers must be connected via cable - this is required.

The WiFi connection works fine, no problems.
The first router did not connect via ethernet cable at all.
The second (i received the second one) connected to the computers immediately - automatically but!
After 30 minutes the router disconnected, this connection never came back.
The old router worked without any problems for many years and still works fine.
Does anyone have any advice? Why don't the new routers from NOW connect via ethernet cable?
Cheers.

18 REPLIES 18
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MYnow 

Have you tried a factory reset to the router?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
MYnow
Advocate

Yes of course. I've tried almost everything. I spent several hours on the phone with the help line. It still does not work.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MYnow 

You’re best to unmark my post a solution, I appreciate you just marked it cause I replied but I certainly didn’t help fix it for you. 

To follow up from @schnapps if that fails then you can always stick with the other router. Or ask on your next call with support for a replacement one.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MYnow 

Bit of a long shot but have you tried Fast Ethernet instead of Gigabit in the NOW Router webpage Settings? 

Instructions in this linked thread below if you haven't tried it already.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Ethernet-not-working-on-one-device/m-p/546335 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MYnow 

On the second NOW Router you was issued from NOW does the Wi-Fi and internet still work on It ?

If not have you still got the original NOW Router that was sent out to you when you signed up to NOW Broadband ?

Does any of your Laptops have an Ethernet port on them or do you have any other device in the home such has a TV streamer or Smart TV with an Ethernet port on it just to temporary try getting a Ethernet connection working on the NOW Router ?

MYnow
Advocate

1- yes, on both (first and second royter) wifi works properly.
2- the ethernet connection does not work on both.
3- Yes, I have a laptop with an ethernet connector, unfortunately there is also no cable connection on this device (from both new routers).
4- All 4 computers (two desktops and two laptops) connect seamlessly to the old roter (previous provider)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MYnow 

I am assuming the two PC's have been tested when plugged directly into the back of the NOW Router Ethernet ports and there is no remote external Ethernet switcher box or power line Ethernet adaptors in the chain ?

MYnow
Advocate

Yes, you Right.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MYnow 

What spec Ethernet cables are you using ?

Where Cat5e works on all my Ethernet connected devices in my home with the NOW Hub 2 Router.

Out of curiosity what was the previous ISP Router you was using before moving to NOW Broadband ?

Hopefully other NOW forum members will chip in here with some further suggestions / advice, where unfortunately my IT & Networking knowledge is pretty much at a basic level.