cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The “Interchange” engineer who was needed after all

Set up new account and received Now box through post with all the connections to a BT socket. Advised that no engineer was needed so, as today is the day, plugged all the gear in and waited for activation with baited breath. 
Nothing has happened all day so I call only to be told that an engineer is needed at the “interchange” and this will take another 2-5 days!

my query is…why was this not apparent when checks were made originally and I was advised no engineer was needed?

I’m not usually a moaner but I work from home and the internet is needed. I took a day off work for the swap over to happen and now I have to book several more unpaid days. Also, is there a link somewhere where I can track this engineer and hopefully get a hint when they’re coming or do I have to just sit with my modem on and hoping that it’ll just kick in one day?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Usually broadband activation with NOW can take up to midnight on the day until you are live.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/i-ve-ordered-now-broadband-what-happens-next

As for the engineer visit, god knows mate. If you definitely haven’t went live after midnight then get back on the phone. 
However annoyingly NOW are fully reliant on OpenReach getting things sorted.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s what I figured. When I called them today they confirmed it was all set up and I should be getting service and when I confirmed I wasn’t, then they realised the Openreach Engineer was needed after all. Oh well.

Thanks for confirming what I thought though 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Absolutely bonkers! 

Hope you get it sorted bud.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help