cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible upload speed

After switching from Virgin i've been quite appy with the general download speed of Nowtv Fab fibre. My wife on the other hand has complained of very slow uploads to photobox when creating photo books around christmas time.

I decided to do a little investigating and even phone tech support a couple of times to help.

So bearing in mind we're paying for Fa b Fibre!!! on average my download is around 6-7mb and upload tops out around 0.25mb

this is obviously absolutely terrible. 

the "speed test" on this very website gives a speed into the house(which i'm very dubious about of) 15mb and an upload of 0mb(must be off the scale...!)

i've never since 15mb even when connected directly to the router...

tech support says they can't help with the upload speed...

I'm at a loss to see exactly what my next step is. We have the basic Nowtv Hub

any help would be greatfully received. 

Oh and we're about 50mtrs from the cab!!!!

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had exact same issue, upload speed was 0.1mb.  I did some research and found out there was issue with a windows 10 update that messed up some settings on certain hardware.

I downloaded this tool:  https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

I selected my download speed then selected optimal and it prompted me to restart.  After restarting my upload speed was back to normal.

I was dubious when i read to do this in another forum but it actually works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not true. I made everything. Still upload speed is 0,5. Terrible. I called and the also measured as 0,5. And a surprise; sorry we can not do anythings, if you want you can cancel your account. There is not any way to increase the upload speed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User This is a very old thread, If you have a problem start your own and we can go through some trouble shooting steps with you. Do try to give as much information about your connection as possible as it can save us constantly having to ask basic questions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your advise. Old post but same problem. I changed my plan from fab fibre to super fibre and download speed still same :))
I will open a new thread. Thank you. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thank you for your advise. Old post but same problem. I changed my plan from fab fibre to super fibre and download speed still same :))
I will open a new thread. Thank you. 

It may be the same problem, but the cause may be different.

Thanks for opening the new thread, it will be easier to follow if you get multiple suggestions.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What do you mean by “I made everything”?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Testing with cable and over wifi; reset modem; try other ethernet ports; try different pc, phone, tablet, laptop, desktop; try inthe night, noon, morning; disconnect all of devices; ask to customer service... anything else??? All of same speed between 0.5-0.8. 
On the other hand customer service tested and  they measured also 0.5. Thats it… Dont need test yourself. 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried splitting the Wi-Fi signals?

This obviously won’t make much difference to your Ethernet but it’s another test to give a go.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. Yes I splitted the wifi bands. Im using the 2.4 and 5 GHz in different devices.