cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible upload speed 2

Upload speed is 0.5. Plan is super fibre. Testing with cable and over wifi; reset modem; try other ethernet ports; try different pc, phone, tablet, laptop, desktop; try inthe night, noon, morning; disconnect all of devices; ask to customer service. Everytime same speed between 0.5-0.8. Also customer service tested and  they measured also 0.5. 

I called the customer service and they also measured as 0,5. And a surprise; “sorry we can not do anythings, if you want you can cancel your account. There is not any way to increase the upload speed.”

I changed my plan a few weeks ago from fab fibre to super fibre and download speed still same :))

terrible… any suggestions?

@Anonymous User 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem was sort out. I called nowtv. Im lucky that the download speed was also low when I called. Openreach technician came and changed the connection box on the wall otuside of home. Now download speed same but upload speed is between 5-6 via wireless connection. Thank you for all… 

@Anonymous User 

@Anonymous User 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The first thing to ask, is what does Openreach think your line is capable of? You can find that out here.

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

Next we need to know what your sync speeds and SNRs are, you can find them by logging into the router.

Then, have you tried with the router in the test socket? You may not notice an immediate increase in sync speed, but the SNRs should increase.

Did you have the same speeds when you were on fab fibre, and have you previously been on this line with higher speeds on another ISP?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you getting decent download speeds? 
my problem turned out to be a wiring issues at the distribution board at the end of the road. Download was always ok, but upload was the problem, after numerous complaints they sent an engineer out to check and found the wiring issue. You may have to call the helpline and Insist they run through the line/modems checks a few times before they send someone out…good luck 🤞🏻

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer @Anonymous User. I called and they didnt want to come for a technical check. Im thinking that this is cable problem. They said that “Only download rate under warranty not upload rate, and your download rate is above the quarantined rate. If you want, you can cancel your account.”

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Openreach results download 30-46, upload 6-8. like a dream.

Broadband LinkDownstreamUpstream
Connection Speed (Kbps)39534800
Line Attenuation (dB)DS1:20.1    DS2:53.0    DS3:80.5US0:7.9    US1:0.0    US2:0.0
Noise Margin (dB)DS1:6.6    DS2:6.6    DS3:0.0US0:14.6    US1:0.0    US2:0.0

I dont have a test socket. How can I do?

When we have fab fibre plan download rate is between 25-35 and upload is 2-3. Now on super fibre download speed is about 30-35 and upload is about 1-1.5 in first weeks and 0.5-0.8 in last four days. We didnt use different ISP before. 

thank you @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are obviously quite a way from your cabinet, so speeds will always be sub-optimal. If you have no test socket and your uploads were better on fab fibre they should call out Openreach who will, at the least, fit a new socket with a test facility,

To be honest I don't think they should have allowed you to upgrade, but if they will not call out Openreach then your only real option is to change ISP, as they have offered, and hope the next one will be more accommodating.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but it looks like only Openreach can help resolve things, but it is up to Now to call them out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for answer. You right. This is a cable setup problem. I will call again to technical check.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem was sort out. I called nowtv. Im lucky that the download speed was also low when I called. Openreach technician came and changed the connection box on the wall otuside of home. Now download speed same but upload speed is between 5-6 via wireless connection. Thank you for all… 

@Anonymous User 

@Anonymous User