cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible Service

I've been a Virgin Media customer for over 20 years & took a gamble with Now Broadband, which didn't pay off. My installation was due on 11.02.22 but the engineer wasn't prepared to climb a pole to reconnect my B.T line. I couldn't find out a date, no one got back to me & when I called Now Broadband, I was told that Open reach is closed for the weekend - no offence but my contract is with Now Broadband and it shouldn't be my problem that you cant get hold of your engineers.

I have spoken to an operator today ( 14.02.22) and yes, I had to chase them, where they offered me a date of 03.03.22 - totally unacceptable and I have now had to cancel my services with Now Broad band.

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

NOW don't own their own network, so they are fully reliant on OpenReach from connecting and maintaining the network. 

That being said if you move to another provider outside of Virgin you might very well encounter the same issues. 

However I do hope you get it sorted. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Hopefully you hadn't cancelled your Virgin contract, assuming the Now broadband would be up and running on the 11th.

Swapping between Openreach FTTC operators is (usually) a simple and quick process, as all the infrastructure is in place.

I believe the problem is that Openreach now put all their focus on installing FTTP and the engineers working on the copper FTTC services are not as fully trained including the H&S aspects of working at height.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I purposely left my Virgin Media account to overlap with the installation, so if there was a problem I wouldn't be left without any internet. I've spoken to Virgin who have agreed to roll over my account for another month so I can find another supplier. And it won't be Now Broadband. I'm shocked by their customer services, I shouldn't have to ring them to find out when they will connect. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you think the customer service is bad here, for goodness sake don't go to the other provider whose name starts with "V"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be honest, a week or so ago, I would have agreed. However, since attempting to move to Now Broadband, I don't see or feel they are any different. And I was with ''virgin'' since they took over NTL 20 odd years ago.

Now Broadband couldn't or wouldn't inform me to when they would return to my home. 

As I said to the  Now customer services over the week end, what's the point of having a helpline if they can't help.

I have come to the conclusion that they are all the same.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At the bottom end of the market, I would agree with you, however there are degrees of badness. Having to work through Openreach doesn't help.

I think if you went to someone like Zen, the service would be much better, but you do pay for it.

Do you have, or expect to get soon, full fibre services in your area?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User It's a shame that you didn't allow NOW to pursue this, you would have been entitled to £5.04 per day in compensation for the delay in your original go live date. As it is, don't be surprised if on switching to any other provider on the Openreach network you face exactly the same problem. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, it's no about the money.

I explained to the customer services that they are the first company I have used in years & by not helping (on the helpline) I wasn't gaining any confidence in them (NOW) compared to Virgin. One thing I personally wont accept is this type of shoulder shrugging, can't do nothing about it, blaming open open reach, passing the book mentality / attitude.

If I visited a restaurant and they stated that the kitchen staff are an outsourced company, so it's not the restaurant's fault that your food will be late (particularly as a new customer),  the service/attitude was bad or the staff looked as though they couldn't be bothered before the meal arrived, I'd leave. Now Broadband should be trying to impress (at least make an effort) new customers, not dismiss them. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been using Virgin Media's fibre for years. I've decided to stay with them now. I've always thought their customer services wasn't brilliant but from what I have experienced in a few days (considering I'm a new customer) from Now was just a joke. 

In regards to degree's of badness. I hear what your saying but I have come to realise that people just put up with these types of bad service, so it continues.