cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Telephone number porting

I'm far from happy about my new connection to NOW TV. You have lost my original telephone number and given me a new one with absolutely no notice that this would happen! The old number had been in existance for years and so is on my business cards, friends contacts etc etc etc and in one swoop you have lost it.

The person I spoke to on CHAT today was far from helpful and pretty much said I had to reorder the package and hope they could get the old number back but they said it was unlikely.

Not a great start with NOW, is it! Surely you can get the number back or is it quite simply, that you cannot be bothered to attempt to do so????!!!

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

August 2020 update- after no callback and more calls where reps were unable to help me i have got my old number back with another provider and very happy to have escaped NowTV. They do not have a process for retrieving your old number once they have lost it. You are not told this. They will say all kinds of rubbish. Fact is most numbers revert to BT as range holder for 3 months after you switch providers. I have switched to a firm who were able to restore the number which NowTV had no process for this and were therefore unable to do this.

The technical terminology is fairly straightforward:

The provisioning team in Now TV (who administer new line setups) should be aware of their porting agreement with range holders. These details are lost on the NowTV technical reps, who have in place a 'can't do and don't do' approach to porting. Other providers are not like this! 

So, switch to another provider within the first month and incur no fees. Other providers are easily found and it does't have to be an expensive BT option!

Goodbye Now Tv broadband, goodbye headaches! And hello Old number!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I seem to have a similar experience with Now TV - what a load of ###### they are. First my old provider continued to charge me as well as Now TV- you try contacting them during covid19 complete waste of time and cost me money.  Today I find out people have been trying to contact me and cannot... guess what, after a lot of messing around I have a new number and my old one is 'invalid.' I think this is recent but I have a sneaking suspicion it has been this way since the changeover on the 19th March!! Nice of them to let me know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing happened to an eldery relative that I was swapping over - Now TV take no responsibility and the old provider can't do anything.

They advised that we could cancel the line and retry the order, so we cancelled and redid it and it failed so now have no telephone line, no number and an eldery relative that is vunerable.  Avoid Now TV like the plague...!