cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Telephone number porting

I'm far from happy about my new connection to NOW TV. You have lost my original telephone number and given me a new one with absolutely no notice that this would happen! The old number had been in existance for years and so is on my business cards, friends contacts etc etc etc and in one swoop you have lost it.

The person I spoke to on CHAT today was far from helpful and pretty much said I had to reorder the package and hope they could get the old number back but they said it was unlikely.

Not a great start with NOW, is it! Surely you can get the number back or is it quite simply, that you cannot be bothered to attempt to do so????!!!

22 REPLIES 22
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. If you've only spoken to the live chat I'd suggest giving them a call instead, might be easier to talk to them. You can find the telephone number for the Broadband Team by going to your My Account > My Package page

https://account.nowtv.com/my-package

and click the Moving Home section.

However if you've already been allocated a new number I'd guess your old number is back in the pool now, so not sure how good you're chances are. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely hopeless. Just called them and they said that numbers cannot be ported over?! They said it would have been in the email that I received from them - IT WASN'T.

Great start to NOW Broadband and Telephone!!!

I shall be leaving ASAP if this is the kind of customer service I can look forward to!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I still fail to see how they cannot port the number over. Surely this can't be happening to everybody?! Surely most people want to keep their current telephone number when moving to NOW?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you cancel with your previous provider before you signed up with now tv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The telephone line was disconnected by the previous owners.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In your original post you say

"The old number had been in existance for years and so is on my business cards, friends contacts etc etc etc and in one swoop you have lost it."

Then you say the telephone line was disconnected by previous owners ?????  Yo say in a comment above that you only had the number a week before reconnecting with NOW hmmmm strange ..sounds like you need to get your story straight. Probably why NoW aren't bothering lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was asked when applying did I want to keep my landline number.  I replied YES.

No info with connection of BB. Just dialled 17070 and I have  new number. 

Any chance I can get my old number back. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the broadband team a call to see if it’s possible. 
Number in my signature below.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

[quote]"

I was asked when applying did I want to keep my landline number. I replied YES.

No info with connection of BB. Just dialled 17070 and I have new number.

Any chance I can get my old number back."[/quote]

Did you sign up online, or via the phone?

I recently moved and kept the landline number, however the online sign up isnt that well laid out or executed , as not only do you have to say Yes to keeping the landline number , you also need to put the landline number into a not all that obvious box amongst all the other stuff on the sign up page .

It should be made more obvious with  a warning if its not been completed correctly .

So Yes, you need to tick the box AND enter the number

and Yes its rubbish, and people will keep on falling over on this until its fixed.

If you signed up on the phone it could be possible that the agent made the same mistake, as the design is rubbish