cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Telephone Line

Hello, I am due to have an engineer visit tomorrow to set up my broadband however, the package I signed up for includes a telephone line. 
I live in a rented flat and am concerned about having anything installed, is it possible to pay for the package as it is still a good price for the broadband but not have anything installed?

1 REPLY 1
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

With NOW you only get FTTC which means you MUST have a phoneline installed no matter what. Pretty sure that the landlord wont mind because its for broadband and not just for the sake of it. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/i-ve-ordered-now-broadband-what-happens-next

Do I need an engineer visit?
You might not need an engineer visit if there's already an active phone line and socket at your address. In this case, we can usually switch the phone line remotely.

We'll let you know if you need an engineer visit when you sign up for NOW Broadband Membership, and give you a time and date.

Even if you have a phone socket in your home, you might still need an engineer visit to get your line up and running.

Need an engineer visit?
An Openreach engineer will install your new phone line. Openreach are responsible for the UK’s communications access network, including the physical phone line that we use to supply NOW Broadband.

The engineer will install one master phone socket at your address.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help